Spokane Symphony Distance Learning
DISTANCE LEARNING MISSION STATEMENT:
To share resources through the Spokane Symphony and the Welty Family Learning Center at Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox with the community, region, and the world in an economically sustainable way.
- Engaging and Accessible
- Reliable and Consistent
DISTANCE LEARNING THROUGH INTERNET2
The Spokane Symphony is embarking on exciting new distance learning programs using Internet 2 technology. This technology allows the Symphony to connect with other schools remotely to effectively reach students in their classroom in real time, giving them the opportunity to participate and interact with Symphony guest artists and musicians. Available programs for the 2012-2013 season are:
- Hospital Streaming – selected concerts will be streamed live to patient rooms at Sacred Heart Medical Center as well as the Children’s Theater for mobile young patients and their families.
- 4th Grade Music Encounter follow-up – a class may have the opportunity to interact, ask questions, and observe demonstrations offered by a Symphony musician at the Fox while in their own classroom.
- Video-conferencing – artists to classes, events to classes, business meetings
- Culture-sharing – local area students are connected to students in a far away place for interactive sharing. Details to come
Partners to date include:
- Manhattan School of Music
- National Arts Centre – Ottawa
- Washington State University
- University of Montana
- University of Michigan
- Eastern Washington State University
- Gonzaga University
- Ritzville Grade School
- University of Idaho
- Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Kamehameha School, Hawaii
Schedule of Distance Learning events available soon.