School Programs: Fourth Grade Music Encounter - Free!
ALL 4th graders in the Spokane region and all 4th/5th graders in northern Idaho are invited to attend the Music Encounter concerts. The full orchestra introduces the instruments and their unique sounds in these 50 minute interactive concerts for schools. Each program includes pre-concert classroom activities, developed in collaboration with local public school teachers with Washington State learning targets identified and addressed. Programs were designed to correlate to school curriculum, supporting classroom teaching. Both concerts will include sing-along songs the students will learn from the materials and at each performance a student will be selected to conduct the orchestra!
Concert Schedule for 2014-2015:
- Wednesday, Oct. 29, 10 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. at Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox; Encounter #2
(10 a.m. is FULL)
- Thursday, Oct. 30, 10:30 a.m. at Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox; Encounter #2
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 10 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. at North Idaho College; Encounter # 2
- Thursday, March 5, 2015, 10 a.m. at North Idaho College; Encounter # 2
4TH GRADE MUSIC ENCOUNTER #1
This program, based on Immigration and Spokane's Timeline, was developed in collaboration with the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture and local public school teachers.
4TH GRADE MUSIC ENCOUNTER #2 [presented 2013-2014 season]
This program is based on Music Is…Science, Math, etc., was developed in collaboration with local public school teachers and will be presented in the Fall at the Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox and in the Spring at Schuler Auditorium at North Idaho College.
Call or email Janet Napoles at 509-464-7062 for:
- Reservation information
- Program and DVD of classroom materials.